Let’s Get Ready for This Year’s Hamper Project!
We are continuing the Literacy Hamper Project in April and May of this year (view last year’s recap here and here). Over 3,000 books for children, teens, and adults, as well as games, stationaries, and literacy goods are waiting to be distributed at local Burnaby food hubs.
We are looking for food hub librarians to help facilitate this project. Tasks include:
– Sorting books
– Packing and moving boxes
– Handing out books and literacy goodies at food hubs
– Talk with people at the food hubs to hand out appropriate books and materials
We are also looking for a dedicated social media person. Tasks are:
– Drop by our events as often as possible, at least twice a week
– Take pictures and videos
– Posts about the event on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
– Write a recap-report at the end of the season
If you want to be part of this experience, please get in touch with Lukas.
Lukas Park, Literacy Outreach Coordinator